About Linda Solash-Reed
Central Florida Elder Law Attorney
Linda received her doctorate in jurisprudence from the University of Maryland Law School and her bachelor’s degree in Philosophy from Towson University. She is also a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner.
Linda Solash-Reed’s Mission
To provide peace of mind along life’s winding pathway through compassionate and skilled guidance.
Practice Areas at Linda Solash-Reed, P.L.
- Deciding in advance, who will take care of financial matters and make health decisions on your behalf if you are not able to do so.
- Deciding in advance who gets your property, and how should it be distributed after your death.
- Deciding in advance how to accomplish your goals while minimizing taxes for you and your family.
- Deciding in advance to leave a meaningful legacy through charitable giving.
Elder Law & Special Needs Planning
- Elder law could be described as estate planning with a focus on the particular planning, health and family needs of our aging and special-needs citizens. Durable powers of attorney, designations of health care surrogates and advance directives (Living Wills) are an important part of the process.
- Guardianships may be needed to keep loved ones safe and protected.
- Medicaid and other funding are sometimes necessary when long-term requirements exceed what savings and family finances can provide.
Probate & Trust Administration
- Guide families through the Florida probate process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Assist Personal Representatives and Trustees in carrying out their fiduciary duties.
Linda began her legal career in Maryland where she practiced corporate real estate and telecommunications law. In 1990, she moved to the non-profit sector where, for the next fifteen years she crafted tax-wise charitable giving plans that helped individuals leave meaningful legacies. In 2005, she returned to private practice devoted to estate planning and elder law.
Memberships and Community Involvement
- Florida Bar Association
- Elder Law Committee
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Committee
- Orange County Bar Association
- Elder Law Committee (former chair)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys
- Central Florida Estate Planning Council
- Past President
- Florida State Guardianship Association
- Leadership Winter Park Class XXVI
Linda lives in Winter Park, Florida with her husband Bob and employee/best friend, Ruby. She enjoys hiking, traveling, reading and visiting their daughter in Baltimore, Maryland where she is working to save the world.